Forums > General Discussion > Strathfarrar Munros
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 Strathfarrar Munros

Brian Howarth
Strathfarrar Munros 19 Jul 2014
Does anyone know if it's ok to Drive in to Glen Strathfarrar and camp there overnight and drive out through the (un)locked gates the next day.  In other words, any restriction on overnight parking in the glen?

Brian Howarth
Re: Strathfarrar Munros 19 Jul 2014
Aha

I found my own answer on MCofS

Overnight in the Glen

It is within your access rights to access the glen using non-motorised (disabled transport excepted) at all times of day or night, including wild camping (away from road and buildings). This applies if you are "responsibleā€ under the guidance in the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, and includes using Hillphones during the stalking season. Your access rights do not, however, extend to your car and overnight parking is not permitted in the Glen. If you wish to stay in the glen overnight you should either walk in, bike in or arrange for someone to drop you off in the glen and then drive the vehicle out of the glen.

Brian Howarth
Bugger!    

Here's my follow up question.  Anyone know the nearest car parking to the locked gate?

David McSporran MunroMagic.com
Brian,

There's a large parking area on the left about a hundred yards before you come to the gate.

You can see it on Google Street View here.

Brian Howarth
Superb. Thanks david. That's Fridays plan sorted!

|