Forums > General Discussion > Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian?
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian?

Paul Selfridge
Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian? 16 May 2014
More specifically the approach over Stob Coire nan Lochan and over the linking ridge to Bidean.

my girlfriend and I got as far as Coire nan Lochan last May and she's determined to get Bidean I the bag at the end of next week. However I don't fancy trying to get her over a ridge with snow on it for her first Munro. 

Ta.

Nick Bulbeck
Re: Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian? 18 May 2014
Probably a bit late here, and even if I weren't this is of limited use, but the Met Office page here has a set of webcam shots and recent foties from a selection of areas including the White Corries - links are at the bottom of the page.

There is patchy snow (less than 10% cover) showing at Meall a'Bhuiridh's summit, which is a shade lower than Bidean, so I'm guessing there'll be patchy snow there as well, but probably not enough to deter an ascent! Good luck anyway.

Hope that's at least some help.

Paul Selfridge
Re: Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian? 18 May 2014
Thanks for that nick! And no, not too late. The cams show that the snow has backed off a lot since I last saw things up there, so combined with this crap wet weather I don't think there will be too many issues.

thanks for the reply

James Corrigan
Re: Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian? 21 Jun 2014
Still large and deep snow patches on Bidean and Sgreamhach 15-06-2014. Most i have seen at this time of the year.

Stephen Maxwell
Re: Is there still snow on Bidean nam Bian? 27 Jun 2014
I was here last weekend, the main route south of the hidden valley was blocked by a large slab of snow, we managed to scramble past the snow, made it on to bidean and down the way you are describing. But always check the weather before you go.

|