Forums > Walker's Wanted > Cairngorm NP tail end of 2012 and in to 2013.
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 Cairngorm NP tail end of 2012 and in to 2013.
John Walshe
Cairngorm NP tail end of 2012 and in to 2013. 11 Sep 2012

Hi all.

On Saturday I returned to the hills (Glen Clova) after a three year sabbatical.  It was a superb day start to finish. It is now my intention to revisit large parts of the Cairngorm National Park over the coming months making up for lost time as I do. Once every two weeks , a Saturday or Sunday depending on which day offers best weather, a medium paced walk, a preference for early starts and seven to nine hours the total trip ! Negotiations completed on arrival of new born daughter on August 3rd!
J

With an eye to hill safety over the autumn and winter months if this fits with anyone reading this board do let me know. I live in Angus so departure from Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Dundee or Tayside all good on any given day. Thanks. John.

Peter Tindal
Re: Cairngorm NP tail end of 2012 and in to 2013. 11 Sep 2012
Hi John

I have a few Munro's to bag in the CNP and was planning them during the winter months. I am free most weekends apart from the week starting 22 October when I am on the Cairn Gorm mountain (by train) for my wedding.

Give me a shout when you are planning to head and we can see if we are after bagging the same summit.

Pete

PS - I also live in Angus (Forfar)

|