Forums > Routes > Maybe this is too ambitious?
Page 1[2]
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 Maybe this is too ambitious?

John Wilkie
Re: Maybe this is too ambitious? 14 Jul 2007
Thanks David. Unfortuinately my mate, who left, had the only camera. The two guys I met, Pete and Ross took pics on the 1st four, then I had to rely on my mobile phones camera, which aint great. I took a quick snap of the cairn on Cairn Gorm as it was getting seriously cold. I'll put it up anyway.... Night photo's of summits?..... Nice idea...though I need to work on my day navigation first I think!

Anyone done any night nav out there?....Has anyone attempted to do  all 284 at night?...lol....now thats a real challenge!

Cheers again David.

David Harbottle
I'd be happy if, when I've completed all the Munro's, I've done none by night!

It's been touch and go a few times. 
And I've often started, and finished in darkness! But no, not by choice! 
The clag is enough of a handicap to my navigation, without putting a blindfold on as well.

Anyway, I've got better things to do in the nighttime
Do you want the list?

David McSporran MunroMagic.com
Think you want the 'Best feeling' thread for that list, David!

In all seriousness though, Ralph Storer in 'The Joy of Hillwalking' has a chapter about night-time hillwalking, and waxes lyrically about it! He goes on about 'no distant views to distract the eye'!

Not sure I'd want to do it deliberately though.

John Wilkie
I believe night walking must be exhililarating... I know, however, that Im not up to it quite yet, my navigation skills still leave a lot to be desired! Would rather bivvy out I think. Thanks for the list offer David, but I can already guess whats on it....lol.

Page 1[2]
|