Forums > Announcements > Intrepid mountaineers needed for Devil’s Staircase charity challenge
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 Intrepid mountaineers needed for Devil’s Staircase charity challenge

Gary Wales MunroMagic.com
Intrepid mountaineers needed for Devil’s Staircase charity challenge 06 Jul 2011
Marie Curie Cancer Care is encouraging avid walkers to take part in the Glen Coe and Devil’s Staircase mountain challenge on Saturday 30 July 2011. The 23 mile trek is being led by a team of world-class mountain guides and will take in the heart of the West Highlands, through majestic Glen Coe and the infamous Devil’s Staircase, before finishing at the foot of Ben Nevis. All the money raised from this stamina-testing adventure challenge will go towards supporting the vital services that Marie Curie provides, completely free of charge, to patients with cancer and other life limiting illnesses. Every £20 raised will provide one hour of nursing care in a patient’s home. Every £180 will cover a whole night’s care. 

Susan McLennan, a Marie Curie nurse from Inverness is taking part in the Devil’s Staircase challenge to help her train for the charity’s Kilimanjaro trek in September. She said: “Working for Marie Curie inspires me to take part in as many fundraising challenges as possible. Whenever the challenge gets tough, I think of the patients and the work done by Marie Curie nurses which keeps me motivated and determined to raise as much money as possible.” 

Robbie McIntosh, Marie Curie Cancer Care events manager for Scotland: “This challenge presents a perfect opportunity to explore some of Scotland’s most stunning natural landscapes, while raising valuable funds for Marie Curie. For adventurers and lovers of the great outdoors, this is a perfect way to spend a Saturday this summer. Would-be adventurers should sign-up now and get ready for a fabulous opportunity to raise money while testing their endurance.” 

Registration costs just £10 and participants are asked to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship. Walkers can either register individually or come along with friends and family as part of a group. There’s still time to sign up for this challenge and raise funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care. Adventurers can find out more by visiting www.mariecurie.org.uk/events or calling 08700 340 040. 

|