Forums > Introduce Yourself > Hello
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 Hello
Jen Dall
Hello 17 Jun 2011
hello one and all

Another newbie to join the community. Have only done 1 so far - Schielhallion. I run a fair bit and it was good to run 'up' instead of just 'along' - scenery is more interesting too.

I'll be having a look on the walkers wanted bit - I'm doing this solo and for safety sake would rather link up with a group/couple of others

Cheers

Jen

Nick Bulbeck
Re: Hello 17 Jun 2011
Hi, Jen, and welcome aboard!

I tend to walk solo as well, not because I don't like people but because I'm a bit obsessional about my weird Top-bagging routes (that and waiting for sunny days). One of these days I'll manage to link up with some of the gang - haven't managed to yet, so it's a bit rich for me to say this, but there's a thriving social and meeting-up scene here, so you've come to the right place.

Ben Lomond's another good one to run, btw!

Jen Dall
Re: Hello 18 Jun 2011
Hi Nick

Thanks for the welcome  :-)

Peter Tindal
Re: Hello 18 Jun 2011
Hi Jen

Like Nick, I also do most of my walks solo mainly because I normally decide at the last minute to go! Also having 7 weeks off in the summer I can afford to pick and choose my days according to the weather.

Don't worry about only doing 1 munro, we ALL only had one under our belt once upon a time! If you want to join in with other just keep an eye on walkers wanted. Above all, enjoy the hills!

Pete

|