Forums > Walker's Wanted > My 200th Munro
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 My 200th Munro

Kevin Mckeown
My 200th Munro 06 Nov 2010
Looking to climb Sgurr nan Coireachan [Glen Finnan] on the 11th December as my 200th Munro.  My plans are to head up on the Friday 10th and cycle into Curryhully Bothy and stay 2 nights.  So if any of you fancy tagging along then drop me a note. There will be some room in my car if anyone needs a lift via Glasgow. 

(there might even be some good snow falls by then)

Richard Reid
Re: My 200th Munro 07 Nov 2010
All the best Kevin just bagged my 100th that bothy is excellent it has lights,kettle.cooking stuff and ipod docking station we stayed there a few nights a couple of months ago it was great

Kevin Mckeown
Re: My 200th Munro 10 Dec 2010
Heading out later today as planned but it looks very much like sledging rather than using the bike. And with the prospect of perfect conditions for a full inversion then it should make good for a memorable 200th.  

As always all are welcome so if you have time pop on bye.

Lewis Campbell
Re: My 200th Munro 13 Dec 2010
How did you get on Kev?

Kevin Mckeown
Re: My 200th Munro 16 Dec 2010
We got to within 100m height of the top and 1k distance. 
My knee was giving a wee bit of niggling and then the same leg went down in between some rocks which left me with know doubt that It wasn't going to be my day at all. 

So after some very hard soul searching I told Kevin Woods to head up and claim the top but after 20min he turned back and we then headed of into the sunset and pending darkness. So my 200th is still there to be done and I would like to get it done by the end of this year but will just have to wait and see.

Kevin Woods
Re: My 200th Munro 16 Dec 2010
If you go back I want a seat in your car! (please?) Good weekend but shame about the hill!

Kevin Mckeown
Re: My 200th Munro 17 Dec 2010
Kevin its my intention to head up on 27th cycle in and climbe on 28th then if possible head home same day.

Kevin Woods
Re: My 200th Munro 17 Dec 2010
Cool Kev. I'll keep that date free (not that I'm busy anyway since university holidays started today)

Kevin Mckeown
Re: My 200th Munro 18 Dec 2010
Its back on again.

After failed attempt on the 12th I am now looking at the 28th as the next climb Looking to climb Sgurr nan Coireachan [Glen Finnan] as my 200th Munro. My plans are to head up on the Monday 27th and cycle into Curryhully Bothy and stay 1 or 2 nights. 

So if any of you fancy tagging along then drop me a note. There will be some room in my car if anyone needs a lift via Glasgow. 

Remember to BYOB & Fuel Crampons and Ice Axe as there WILL snow falls by then.

Kevin Mckeown
Re: My 200th Munro 30 Dec 2010
200th Munro completed on 28th Dec at 1445hrs

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168046609891729&num_event_invites=0

|