Forums > Gear Reviews > New gear shop in Glasgow
Login to Participate Find posts be searching for key words
 New gear shop in Glasgow

Mike Watson
New gear shop in Glasgow 02 Nov 2009
The european chain of Decathlon opens its 1st Scottish store this week in Glasgow. This is where we get a lot of our walking kit when abroad as its good value but also good quality(its mostly their own brand). We have been known to go out of our way to visit one when abroad.

Anyway its just off the M8 at Junction 10.

Happy shopping , Mike. (No connection with them)

Andrew Hart
Re: New gear shop in Glasgow 21 Nov 2009
Had a look at their site, pretty good prices. Whats the quality like Mike?

Cheers
Andy

Mike Watson
Hi Andy, its pretty good. Its mostly branded as Quecha. They have a huge outlet store near Chamonix. I guess the French being a fairly fussy race cant be wrong!

Off the top of my head we use between us - 

Synthetic quick dry t-shirts. We have loads of these.
Walking socks
Soft shell trousers
Cycling glasses
Fleeces
Gloves

Andrew Hart
Thanks Mike, I'll need to take a trip to investigate

Cheers
Andy

John Gilchrist
Re: New gear shop in Glasgow 04 Sep 2010
Have to say that this Quecha brand seemed pretty much de riguer for the contintental 'tourists' I came across in my summer's camping trips this year.  Everything from boots to packs to tents to hydration to bike kit. It all looks pretty good stuff.

Any update from anyone on the longer term quality of the stuff?  The prices are really surprisingly keen; check them out:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/

Richard Goodman
Re: New gear shop in Glasgow 05 Sep 2010
There's a Decathlon in London which I probably visit a couple of times a year.  I have bought some of their Quecha brand stuff, I'd say it's generally reasonable value mid-range sort of stuff.   Don't usually go in without coming back with more than I was looking for, or something else instead.  Can be worthwhile and good value depending on what you're buying and what you're looking for.

John Gilchrist
Re: New gear shop in Glasgow 11 Sep 2010
Thanks for that, Richard.  I feel a visit coming on! 

|